Position Title: Communication Specialist
Reporting Department: Marketing Department
Reporting Supervisor: Marketing Manager
Status: Exempt – Full-Time
This position will serve to unify the voice of Minnetrista and maintain our institutional message and stylebook to reflect the institutional brand promise.
To perform this job successfully:
- Must have a bachelor degree in marketing, journalism, English, public relations or related field
- 3–5 years of experience in editing and project management.
- Strong editing, written, and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully manage projects from start to finish and work well in a team-based environment.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines is required.
- The ability to adapt writing to a variety of media formats is necessary.
- Some graphic design experience and knowledge of design principles is helpful.
- This position requires creativity, flexibility, and the ability to work well with deadlines.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To be happy and successful in this position, an individual must be personally aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor-centric focus. S/he should be able to ensure effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff, administration and volunteers. The individual should demonstrate maturity, sound judgement, a good sense of humor, and be energized by working collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for considering Minnetrista’s, vision, values, mission, goals and strategies within our daily routines.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function as described below:
- Write content; edit and lead the production of all Minnetrista publications.
- Produce clean, style-compliant copy for ads, press releases, and institutional communications (internal and external).
- Participate in institutional marketing and PR plan development and implementation.
- Maintain and implement the Minnetrista and Editorial Stylebook.
- Provide editing expertise for institutional communications.
- Participate in exhibit planning teams as an exhibit text label writer – shaping content for the general public.
- Supervise and support interns in the marketing department.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Primarily a typical office environment with desk, computer, phone, files; however, must be able to move about the entire Minnetrista 40-acre campus. Work hours require some flexibility with some evenings and weekends.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WEEKLY AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925
*If you encounter an issue while applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes with cover letters will receive additional consideration – our jobs require writing, so a cover letter is a good way to “show what you know and how it applies to the posted position.”