Position Title: Facilities Assistant
Reporting Department: Facilities and Grounds Department
Reporting Supervisor: Facilities Supervisor
Length of Appointment: Year Around
Status: Non-exempt – Part Time
Ensures campus is kept clean and welcoming to visitors and staff. Provides set-up, flip and tear-down for all institutional activities.
- 1 to 2 years of custodial experience
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Can work alone or in a group setting
- Can work well with others regardless of age or background
- Must have a very good sense of urgency and priority
- Must be self-motivated and able to follow directions accurately
- Heavy lifting of up to 75 lbs.
- Additional physical requirements are standing, climbing stairs for extended periods of time on any work day
- General maintenance will require pushing, pulling, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping, crawling and crouching
- Must be able to work with a seven-day work schedule with various hours
- Must be able and willing to operate a manual transmission vehicle
To be happy and successful in this position, an individual must be personally aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor-centric focus. S/he should be able to ensure effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff, administration, and volunteers. The individual should demonstrate maturity, sound judgement, a good sense of humor, and be energized by working collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything –vision, values, mission, goals and strategies.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function.
- Ensures buildings are kept in a high standard of cleanliness
- Timely and accurate completion of set-ups, flips, and tear-downs
- Set-up and troubleshooting of A/V equipment
- Assist staff from all departments in the moving of oversized items
- Secures and alarms buildings upon closure
- May be temporarily assigned to assist during daytime hours
Work is both indoors and outdoors. Will need travel between buildings in all weather conditions. Primarily works during evenings and weekends.
A valid driver’s license is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925
*If you encounter an issue while applying online please email email@example.com
Resumes with cover letters will receive additional consideration – our jobs require writing, so a cover letter is a good way to “show what you know and how it applies to the posted position.”