Position Title: Facilities Supervisor
Reporting Department: Facilities and Grounds Department
Reporting Supervisor: Facilities and Grounds Manager
Length of Appointment: Year Around
Status: Non-exempt – Full Time
As a working supervisor this position works alongside facilities assistants to ensure the cleanliness of all buildings across Minnetrista’s 40-acre campus. Facilities include a 40,000 sq ft museum building, 4 historic buildings, and 4 additional staff/public buildings. This position supervises the work activities of facilities assistants to ensure clean and orderly buildings, assigns duties, inspects work, investigates complaints and takes corrective action. The facilities team works alongside Sales Events to handle set-up and tear down for internal and external events. The supervisor must be able to take all institutional programming into account while managing these activities.
- 3 to 5 years of facilities management, janitorial supervision, or related field experience.
- Excellent customer service and leadership abilities.
- Be self-motivated with strong attention to detail and organization.
- Work well with others regardless of age or background as a hands-on supervisor.
- Be able to prioritize tasks.
- Understand OSH guidelines and working with Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Good computer skills are a plus.
- Dependable with ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
To be happy and successful in this position, an individual must be personally aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor-centric focus. They should have high standards and a sense of pride in their work, instilling the same in their team. They should be able to ensure effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff, administration, and volunteers. The individual should demonstrate maturity, sound judgement, a good sense of humor, and be energized by working collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for considering Minnetrista’s vision, values, mission, goals and strategies in your daily routines.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function.
- Lead, organize, coach, and train facilities staff by working alongside them
- Create and manage staff schedule to provide adequate coverage.
- May adjust team members’ schedules to assist during daytime and or nighttime hours to meet demands.
- Identify and develop training for self and team for continuous improvement.
- Follow up to ensure all 9 company buildings are cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
- Work with Director and/or Curator of Collections to understand appropriate cleaning processes or maintenance on historical buildings.
- Identify and promptly report any building issues.
- Ensure that all room, event and program set ups are accurately completed in a timely manner, taking institutional activities into account.
- Create and follow up on the completion of the daily checklist; document routine inspections.
- Work with supervisor to set annual department budget; accountable for maintaining budget.
- Orders janitorial supplies and files a Safety Data Sheet for each product per OSHA regulations.
- Sets up, tears down and properly stores AV equipment as outlined by the Technical Manager of Museum Storytelling
- Will be trained on safe operation of all lifts, utility vehicles and golf carts.
Work is both indoors and outdoors. Travel between buildings in all weather conditions. Facilities Supervisor schedule will overlap into evening shift as needed to provide sufficient supervision, training and assistance with evening team members.
A valid driver’s license is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minnetrista is a community gathering place that celebrates and explores the Ball Family Legacy in our region. Located in Muncie, Indiana along the White River, Minnetrista is a 40-acre campus that includes a museum center, 3 historic homes along the nationally registered Historic Minnetrista Boulevard, 20+ acres of gardens, and a 6-acre Nature Area. Minnetrista is the largest nonprofit cultural leader serving East Central Indiana with a staff of 52 FTEs.
Minnetrista is the home of the Ball Jar; a gathering place and catalyst for community engagement. We create shared experiences that connect people, leading to a better quality of life.
We envision a thriving community where people who call this region home take pride in its accomplishments and aspire to a brighter future.
Family & Relationships – Minnetrista treasures shared experiences. From our founders to our visitors, from our employees to our community partners and supporters, we champion the power of growing together.
Adaptability – Minnetrista creates experiences that reflect the organization yet anticipate the needs and exceed the expectations of our audience. As an organization, we are nimble and quick to respond to opportunities and challenges.
Stewardship – Following in our founders’ footsteps, we care for, preserve and protect that with which we have been entrusted so that those who follow us can continue the legacy. Minnetrista is a strong and sustainable asset that supports economic development for our community.
Entrepreneurship – Minnetrista embraces a culture of innovation and risk-taking that responds responsibly to opportunities that advance our vision, mission and strategic goals.
Learning – We celebrate learning experiences that are fun and engaging, encourage visitors to explore their world, and educate through discovery and play.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925
*If you encounter an issue while applying online please email email@example.com
Resumes with cover letters will receive additional consideration – our jobs require writing, so a cover letter is a good way to “show what you know and how it applies to the posted position.”