Sales & Events Coordinator
Category: Sales & Events
Position Title: Sales & Events Coordinator
Reporting Department: Sales & Events
Reporting Supervisor: Sales & Events Manager
Length of Appointment: Year-round
Status: Exempt – Full Time
This position will be responsible for selling, promoting and booking of Minnetrista facilities and catering. The incumbent will independently coordinate the on-site logistics and implementation of all facility leasing. Minnetrista’s mission and positive public image will be kept in the forefront of all business negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business, marketing or related field with at least 1 to 3 years’ experience in the areas of event sales, planning, and management
- Primarily performs as an individual contributor, providing expertise in event organization, communication and logistics
- Responsible for the cultivation of new and existing private leasing and catering clients, manages sales pipeline to ensure maximum profitability is earned with consideration to institutional mission and purpose
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple departments and clients is critical
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make proper decisions, when presented with problems at events
- Ability to deal in a professional and cordial manner at all times
- Experience in a museum environment is a plus
- This position requires a neat appearance and must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills along with strong computer and administrative skills
To be happy and successful in this position, an individual must be personally aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor-centric focus. S/he should be self-motivated, driven, detail oriented, passionate, and patient and display a positive attitude. The individual should also demonstrate maturity, sound judgment, a good sense of humor, and be energized by working collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything –vision, values, mission, goals and strategies.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function.
- Market and sell Minnetrista’s facilities and catering
- Management of the entire events planning process to ensure client satisfaction
- Facilitate coordinated event planning efforts for all facilities leasing with appropriate staff
- Proficient in the use of the Altru database
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with caterers, corporate meeting planners, convention planners and leasing supply vendors
- Provide reports and projections on leasing income
- Utilize and coordinate volunteers and interns in the implementation of facilities leasing
- Maintain appropriate documentation of pertinent client information
- Perform all other duties required
Work schedule flexibility is critical; required to work evenings and weekends. A valid driver’s license is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WEEKLY AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925
*If you encounter an issue while applying online please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes with cover letters will receive additional consideration – our jobs require writing, so a cover letter is a good way to “show what you know and how it applies to the posted position.”