Category: Visitor Experience
Position Title: Marketing Manager
Reporting Department: Visitor Experience
Reporting Supervisor: VP – Visitor Experience
Status: Exempt – Full-Time
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing integrated approaches to marketing and brand management that leverage traditional, online and emerging techniques aimed at promoting Minnetrista. The Marketing Manager is charged with developing and engaging new audiences, both online and in person and promoting Minnetrista in East Central Indiana.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, public relations or related field with 3-5 years of experience in a marketing team capacity. Graphic design experience is a plus.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead and manage a team. Direct experience managing a marketing team is preferred.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Must enjoy relationship building and interacting with the public.
- A successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage budgets.
- Must be able to adapt writing style to a variety of media formats.
- Knowledge of online media is necessary.
To be happy and successful in this position, an individual must be personally aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor-centric focus. S/he should be able to ensure effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff, administration and the Board of Trustees. The individual should demonstrate maturity, sound judgment, a good sense of humor, and be energized by working collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community. Experience in a nonprofit environment will be beneficial.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything –vision, values, mission, goals and strategies.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function.
- Lead all institutional marketing plan development and implementation and manage all related budgets.
- Minnetrista Brand Management
- Provide leadership, supervision and support to the marketing team: Social Media Marketing Coordinator, Graphic Designer, Communications Specialist, volunteers and interns.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of museum marketing trends in order to make strategic decisions related to institutional marketing.
- Develop measurement techniques to evaluate marketing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local and regional media to promote public awareness of the organization’s mission, programs and events.
- Lead the production process for all publications.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Typical workstation office environment with computer equipment, fax machine and files and shelves overhead and above work surface. Must be able to move easily around Minnetrista’s 40-acre campus.
A valid driver’s license is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WEEKLY AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925
*If you encounter an issue while applying online please email email@example.com
Resumes with cover letters will receive additional consideration – our jobs require writing, so a cover letter is a good way to “show what you know and how it applies to the posted position.”