Sales & Events Intern
Purpose and Development Opportunities
Assist in the orchestration of Minnetrista signature and leased events by providing support to the sales, promotion, and booking Minnetrista’s venues and catering.
Sales & Events Department
Reporting Supervisor and Training Provided By
Sales & Events Manager; Sales & Events Coordinator
Length of Appointment
20-25 hours per week
Stipend upon completion of internship and school credit if applicable
Essential duties and responsibilities
– Assist with the coordination of social, corporate, and community events
– Shadow and lead client tours
– Assist Sales & Events Coordinator with facility leasing
– Work with multiple departments to achieve overall satisfactory rental experience for clients
– Contribute to client appointments and answer daily inquiries
– Develop resource database knowledge to aid in event recording and summary
– Follow and complete seasonal goals and projects provided by supervisor
-Provide support to all areas of the Sales & Events department, including catering responsibilities
Internship candidate must be self-motivated, independent, reliable, organized, professional, and team oriented, while excelling in customer service. Attention to detail, follow-through, and ability to plan are requirements of the position. Candidate must be able to handle the demands and requests of clients in a professional manner while communicating efficiently with customers before, during and after events. This position requires interpersonal skills in order to work efficiently with other departments, and strong computer and administrative skills are beneficial. Candidate must be willing to work in both team and individual environments, and is required to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of clients and vendors. Please note this will heavily include weekends and evenings. A valid driver’s license is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Contact: Mary Zwickl
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925