Sales & Events Assistant
Category: Sales & Events
Position Title: Sales & Events Assistant
Reporting Department: Sales & Events
Reporting Supervisor: Sales & Events Manager
Status: Non-Exempt – Part Time
The purpose of this position is to organize the operations of Minnetrista’s Farmers Market and assistant the Sales and Events department. This position will also assist with leased functions and Minnetrista events, including supporting our catering operations. Working hours will be weekends, days, evenings, and holidays.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills, event or farm market experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to manage multiple tasks. Basic computer and Excel knowledge is necessary.
- Flexible, reliable, courteous and helpful.
- Team oriented, must work well with both staff and volunteers.
- Requires little or no supervision.
- This position requires a neat appearance and excellent communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- High school education or higher required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To be happy and successful in this position, an individual must be personally aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor-centric focus. S/he should be able to ensure effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff, administration and the Board of Trustees. The individual should demonstrate maturity, sound judgement, a good sense of humor, and be energized by working collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for considering Minnetrista’s vision, values, mission, goals and strategies within your daily routines.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function.
- Ensure full and balanced selection of vendors to ensure a well-attended farmers market with an optimal visitor experience and generate market revenue.
- Be present and oversee the functioning of farmers market every Saturday from May through October and then one Saturday a month from November through April.
- Stay updated with regulatory requirements associated with farmers markets.
- Ensure market vendors are compliant with health department guidelines.
- Coordinate weekly Farmers Market set ups.
- Facilitate annual market kick-off meeting for vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain and follow up on all inquiries regarding Farmers Market.
- Maintain relevant statistics associated with Farmers Market and provide reports as requested.
- Conduct inspections of several farms per year to ensure that vendors are compliant with market agreement.
- Addresses vendor disputes and behaviors.
- Ensure market vendors follow market agreement.
- Assist Sales and Events staff with set up and tear down of leasing events.
- May serve as a part of the catering staff doing banquet set up, food preparation, servicing and cleaning up catered functions.
- May serve as a point of contact of internal and external clients.
- Assist with institutional events as required.
- Perform all other duties required.
Work schedule flexibility is critical; will need to work evenings and weekends and be able to move about the entire Minnetrista 40-acre campus. A valid driver’s license is required.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WEEKLY AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925
*If you encounter an issue while applying online please email email@example.com
Resumes with cover letters will receive additional consideration – our jobs require writing, so a cover letter is a good way to “show what you know and how it applies to the posted position.”