Purpose and Development Opportunities
Provide support to Minnetrista Catering by assisting in the orchestration of Minnetrista signature and leased events.
Sales & Events Department
Reporting Supervisor and Training Provided By
Sales & Events Manager; Catering Supervisor; Sales & Events Coordinator
Length of Appointment
20-25 hours per week
Stipend upon completion of internship and school credit if applicable
Essential duties and responsibilities
– Assist catering team with food preparation and presentation for external and internal events
– Setup and tear down event spaces; prepare catering displays
– Work with multiple departments to achieve overall satisfactory culinary experience for visitors and clients
– Create menus for internal museum events
– Maintain kitchen equipment cleanliness and organization
– Coordinate kitchen schedule to ensure catering is completed within client’s timeline
– Follow and complete the goals provided by supervisor
Internship candidate must be self-motivated, independent, reliable, organized, professional, and team oriented. Knowledge of food and beverage service, ServSafe® regulations, and attention to detail are requirements of the position. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced setting, and be able to handle the demands and requests of clients in a professional and timely manner. Candidate must be willing to work in both team and individual environments, and is required to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of clients and vendors. Please note this will include weekends and evenings. A valid driver’s license is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Contact: Mary Zwickl
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925