Grades K–2 (90 minutes each)
Pairs well with:
- Tours—Habitat Hunters
Communities have many parts and norms that keep them going. Help your students gain understanding about what makes up a community and helps make communities work.
What will my students do?
- Play a game where they will need to utilize cardinal directions to get around
- Explore how community rules help everyone get around
- Design a community that has many of the important buildings needed for community function
- Play a game where students learn about the common good for the community
What will my students learn?
- Cities have many important parts that help them function
- Understanding cardinal directions help us get where we want to be
- Taking care of our community is important for everyone in the community
- People in a community need to follow common rules for the good of the whole