Pairs well with:
- Tours—Nature Connection
What will my students do?
- Work together to build a model community as a group.
- Observe how a community changes over time through
- Identify the importance of rivers to early communities
- Use artifacts to understand how life in the early 1900s was different and similar from today
What will my students learn?
- People in communities depend on one another.
- Communities change over time as resources and population distribution changes, but pieces of a community’s origins often remain
- Models and simulations help us to understand and see real things by providing visual aid
- We are all part of a community