Grades 6–8 (90 minutes each)
Natural resources play a key part in all of our lives. How students use them will have a large effect on how much longer they will be here for our use. Students will explore Minnetrista locations to see how we help protect our natural resources.
What will my students do?
- Make a common substance out of everyday minerals
- Work as a class to plan an efficient, sustainable city
- An activity that demonstrates the purpose of a green roof
- Investigate properties of soil to determine if it is good for plant growth
What will my students learn?
- Examine the role rocks and minerals play in our daily lives
- Use and examine models that help us understand how things work
- Understand how we can each make personal decisions that impact the environment, ourselves, and others within a community