Grades 6–8 (90 minutes each)
Students will learn that everyday choices can have a big effect on the environment. They will discover how to manage the energy and resources that they use.
What will my students do?
- Participate in an activity that demonstrates how even small changes can impact the environment
- Work as a team to explore alternative energy sources
- Play a game to see how personal decisions can impact the environment
What will my students learn?
- Identify the ways in which alternative energy methods can be implemented
- Decipher what impact each person has on their daily carbon footprint
- Use and examine how models can help us understand how things work
- Scientific exploration and observation can be interesting and fun