Position Title: Salesperson
Reporting Department: Orchard Shop
Reporting Supervisor: Retail Manager
Length of Appointment: Year-round
Status: Non-exempt – Part-Time
This position will focus on assisting and providing outstanding customer service to all Minnetrista visitors. The Orchard Shop can often be a visitor’s first exposure to Minnetrista, their visitor experience may begin with the Shop. We must aim to promote all that the campus has to offer with excitement and enthusiasm. Work hours will be in shifts of no less than 3 hours at a time with day, evening, holidays and weekend shifts. Saturday morning availability is mandatory. Being available for 3 Minnetrista Signature Events per year is a requirement: Garden Fair, Faeries, Sprites and Lights (last weekend of July) and Enchanted Illuminaria (1st weekend of December).
- Must have excellent customer service skills with basic retail math knowledge.
- Be ready to develop a working knowledge of the products and services offered.
- Reading comprehension and good writing/penmanship skills are a must.
- Must have the ability to work with volunteers and other staff members of all ages and experience levels, in a respectful manner.
- Requires a neat appearance, excellent communication and telephone skills.
- Must be able to follow directions and implement quickly.
- Must work well in a group environment or alone is required, as there are also times where there is little to no on-site supervision.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and retrieve merchandise.
- Must be able to negotiate a flight of stairs with ease is essential.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and carry product a distance of 12 feet is a necessary job function.
To be happy and successful in this position, an individual must be personally aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor centric focus. S/he should be self-driven, detail oriented, passionate, patient and display a positive attitude at all times. The individual should also demonstrate maturity, sound judgement, a good sense of humor, and be energized by working collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all positions include the following three performance standards:
- Your first priority and responsibility is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for considering Minnetrista’s vision, values, mission, goals and strategies in your daily routines.
- Your second priority and responsibility is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority and responsibility is to carry out your job function.
- Greet customers (immediately upon entry) and determine their needs.
- Handle money and reconcile sales and receipts using Cam Data point-of-sale system.
- Fill floor stock daily from back stock from both the upstairs & downstairs stockrooms.
- Clean shelves, counters and tables.
- Take telephone orders and special orders.
- Receive, inspect, unpack and ticket new shipments.
- Place new merchandise on display.
- Take markdowns, report stock damages and perform inventory counts.
- Make gift boxes and baskets.
- Prepare merchandise for UPS shipping.
- Seasonally, keep cider and apples fresh and filled in displays.
- Performs all other duties required
Primarily inside; typical retail environment, use of Point of Sale system; may involve standing on concrete floor or sitting at a workstation for long periods of time, storage areas above and below work surface. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds a distance of 12 feet is a requirement. Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include some evenings and week-ends.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Outstanding Benefits Package includes:
Health, Dental, & Vision Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
401 (k) with Safe Harbor and Employer Match
Minnetrista values diversity and inclusivity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is open until filled. Applications are accepted online at http://minnetrista.net/home/about-minnetrista/careers/ Please provide a cover letter and full resume, plus three – five references.
Minnetrista is a community gathering place that celebrates and explores the Ball Family Legacy in our region. Located in Muncie, Indiana along the White River, Minnetrista is a 40-acre campus that includes a museum center, 3 historic homes along the nationally registered Historic Minnetrista Boulevard, 20+ acres of gardens, and a 6-acre Nature Area. Minnetrista is the largest nonprofit cultural leader serving East Central Indiana with a staff of 52 FTEs.
Minnetrista is the home of the Ball Jar; a gathering place and catalyst for community engagement. We create shared experiences that connect people, leading to a better quality of life.
We envision a thriving community where people who call this region home take pride in its accomplishments and aspire to a brighter future.
Family & Relationships – Minnetrista treasures shared experiences. From our founders to our visitors, from our employees to our community partners and supporters, we champion the power of growing together.
Adaptability – Minnetrista creates experiences that reflect the organization yet anticipate the needs and exceed the expectations of our audience. As an organization, we are nimble and quick to respond to opportunities and challenges.
Stewardship – Following in our founders’ footsteps, we care for, preserve and protect that with which we have been entrusted so that those who follow us can continue the legacy. Minnetrista is a strong and sustainable asset that supports economic development for our community.
Entrepreneurship – Minnetrista embraces a culture of innovation and risk-taking that responds responsibly to opportunities that advance our vision, mission and strategic goals.
Learning – We celebrate learning experiences that are fun and engaging, encourage visitors to explore their world, and educate through discovery and play.
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
1200 N. Minnetrista Pkwy.
Muncie, IN 47303-2925
*If you encounter an issue while applying online please email email@example.com
Resumes with cover letters will receive additional consideration – our jobs require writing, so a cover letter is a good way to “show what you know and how it applies to the posted position.”