Temporary Garden Closure
Oakhurst Gardens is currently closed as we help the Faeries fly home from Faeries, Sprites, & Lights. The Gardens will reopen on August 8 at 10 a.m.!
Please note that our outdoor spaces are occasionally closed for special events or weather. The most recent updates can be found on our social media channels. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience!
Mask Mandate from Governor Holcomb
In accordance with Governor Holcomb’s mandate, effective Monday, July 27, 2020 masks must be worn by all Minnetrista visitors ages 8 and older at outdoor programming and events where social distancing is not always possible. This includes our weekly Farmers Market.
We appreciate your cooperation as we work together to make our community safe and healthy! This policy will be in effect until further notice.
Oakhurst Gardens is Now Open
Oakhurst Gardens is now open as a meditative reflection space for our community. Even in the most solitary of times, we can become busy and distracted. We invite you to turn off the news feeds, social media updates, and email notifications to find a moment of rest in the shade of Oakhurst. The Garden hours are 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and Noon-5:30 p.m. on Sunday. Restrooms are available. Social distancing will be observed and Minnetrista staff will be wearing masks for your safety.
Minnetrista Increases Offerings
What are we opening and when?
Between Now and October 2. Minnetrista will focus on outdoor experiences and offerings for the public. Health experts have noted that there is less risk with outdoor activities, when the public continues to follow CDC guidelines.
- Large scale outdoor community events will be considered for adaptation to follow social distancing guidelines in line with our priorities.
- All indoor leased events and affiliates scheduled through October 2 will be provided the opportunity to shift to an outdoor venue, reschedule to a date after October 2, 2020, or bookings may be cancelled without loss of deposit.
- All indoor Minnetrista programs will shift to an outdoor event, online offering, or be cancelled.
- All indoor exhibits and experiences will be closed.
- Minnetrista Heritage Collection will not be accepting donations.
Between October 2 and October 9. Minnetrista buildings will open to members. The space will be used for exhibits, programs, and affiliate meetings adapted for social distancing guidelines. In addition, all members will receive a six-month extension to their current membership.
The following experiences will become available at this time:
- The Orchard Shop
- Oakhurst Experience
- Betty’s Cabin
- Karen’s Favorite Things exhibit located in the Heritage Gallery
- Heritage Collection Art Show located in Gallery 1
- Community reflection space located in Gallery 2
- Mission Aerospace exhibit in Gallery 3
- Updated Atrium Case exhibits
- Research Library
In addition, the following spaces will be open for leasing to the public:
- Gallery 1
- Indiana Room
- Hackley and Atrium
Minnetrista Heritage Collection will accept donations following safety guidelines.
On October 10 at 2 p.m. Minnetrista will open to the public and host a community celebration of the community’s accomplishment of weathering the storm together. The day will also include a re-dedication of Catalyst, pointing to a brighter future moving forward.
On October 14. Minnetrista will host a free family day adapted for social distancing guidelines.
On October 29. Minnetrista will open the Bob Ross Experience. This will be accompanied with a week-long celebration and programming.
From October 29 Forward. Minnetrista expects to have a full selection of community offerings as a museum and garden for our region. We will continue to follow health and safety guidelines to keep our public and staff safe.